Thursday, August 30, 2007

Police Blotter: Broker 1, Hedge Fund Manager 0

This typical New York Post-type story has been around for about a week, and it reminds me of some of the rants we’ve all had about folks at the gym that continually annoy us. I don’t belong to Equinox Gym, though this location where it occurred is three blocks from Chez Cranky.

This article comes at it from a different angle than the ‘fight breaks out at the gym’ piece it really is, but I especially like the part that informs you that the ‘hedge fund manager’ screams to himself ‘you go, girl’ while in spinning class. He sounds like an idiot, but I have to admit, I’ve never had the urge to attack someone at the gym because they were an idiot. With the number of human beings in that subset, I just don’t have that much time.

When Brokers Attack!

3 comments:

Angry Runner said...

Apparently, he's a boutique Banker...not even a hedgie. Either way, he's overpaid and a bit too full of himself...as all bankers, hedgies, PE guys, traders, etc are. One can only imagine what happens in Greenwich on a bad day...

I'm sure we can throw the word "subprime" in that story somewhere to add a bit of flavor, not that it needs it. Maybe those two guys were MBS or CDO broker/dealers...

Renee said...

I saw this on the cover of the Post when I was out running and stopped in my tracks. But now I see I only knew half the story. And it wasn't even the good half.

Stephanie said...

Roadrage at the gym? Ha!

The rest of the journalist-language I dunno!!!!!