Friday, August 17, 2007

iPod Friday 17: List-O-Rama






















I done got tagged, dagnabbit, so ‘here’s the 411’ as we used to say when it was a hip phrase back in the day. In fact, ‘back in the day’ used to be hip, but not anymore, so I’ll have to stop there. ‘Oh no, he di-unt’.

Job's I've Held

Busboy, waiter, mail fulfillment manager, courier, music store manager, retail buyer, marketing manager, record label VP, performance artist/exotic dancer (hey, it was one night, one show, and I got a $1 tip in the tightie whities; I call that a job), account manager, CD manufacturing department manager, TV/film/commercial extra, fine art and decorative art appraiser

Movies I Can Watch Over & Over

 King Kong (1933); Wild Strawberries; Young Frankenstein; City Lights; Female Trouble; Faster, Pussycat, Kill, Kill; The 400 Blows, Mr. Hulot’s Holiday.

Guilty Pleasures

Disco, New Wave, ‘70s Soul, almost all types of cheeseball music. Higher-priced ice cream, especially made by guys in Vermont. Repeating out loud what nearby people yell into their cell phone during their conversation (Them: where you now? Me: where you now?; Them: I can’t hear you! Me: I can’t hear you!) on and on, until they can’t take it anymore and stop yelling.



Places I Have Lived

 Huntsville, TX; Mathews, VA; Springfield, VA; Mainz, Germany; Heidelberg, Germany; Tehran, Iran; Washington, D.C., Charlottesville, VA, Williamsburg, VA., Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City

TV Shows I Enjoy

 Charlie Rose, Rescue Me, The Daily Show, Le Journal/France 2 News, Little Britain, 24, Ugly Betty, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Real Time with Bill Maher; The Office, The Sarah Silverman Show, The Western Tradition

Vacation Spots

Paris/6th Arrondisement/Odéon-Blvd St. Germain (I’ve vacationed in many places, but this neighborhood is where I keep coming back to). And locally, a grassy, sunny area in Central Park behind The Met, surrounding a statue of Alexander Hamilton (nicknamed ‘Hamilton Beach’ by the locals).

Favorite Foods

Pasta, carrot cake, French bread with imported butter, and coffee so strong that it will remove grout

Websites I Visit Daily

The New York Times, Billboard.com, everybody’s blog (well, I try at least), one out of three auction websites, and about a dozen rotating music blogs out of fifty

Body Parts I have Injured

Right ankle (twisted), left lung (collapsed), my pride

Awards I've Won

’Manager of the Year’ (music retail chain!); Best Actor in a Musical (high school!), First Place (2002 ‘Brooklyn Catholic Charities Run as One 5K’ where there were only 30 other runners!), a trophy from ‘H’ acknowledging mental issues for running two marathons a week apart; oh, and running pal ‘Bambi’ gave me a good samaritan award once for running the NYC Marathon with her, bless her heart.

Nicknames I've Been Called

Dickie, Dieter, Dickster, Mr. Dildo, Mistah Wichad, and… Satan!

Yeah, blogboy here has been around a while, but you knew that already.

Well, Steph tagged me earlier this week, so you can sort of blame her. And here’s some extra credit, the iPod part:

Favorite Song of All Time:
Marvin Gaye – What’s Goin’ On

New, Fun, Yet Repetitive Tune That Fits The Topic:
Junior Senior – Can I Get, Get, Get

P.S. And yes, that’s The Simpsons version of me… Oh, I won’t be taggin’ here, I think Steph got enough folks already (sorry), though anybody reading this is welcome to it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You might think it was a waste of time right? But hey, now I know you lived in Mainz? You're kidding! That's where I am from. Tell me, how come you lived there?

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

What a coincidence you're from there...
My dad was in the military, and we moved every two years (thus all those addresses in the beginning of my list). And last year my sister and I went back to visit after all these years, to see again where we grew up (Wiesbaden, Heidelberg, Bacharach, etc.). It's still such a beautiful area of the world. Got to run along the Rhine for the first time!