Saturday, April 19, 2008

Race Coming Up





















Hopefully, that will be all that’s ‘coming up’ on Monday. No ‘unplanned examination of recent food choices’ for me, thank you.

So tomorrow I’m off to Boston, driving up, using the gravitational pull of ‘Hotford’ to swing on over to Cambridge. Those slosh pipes do come in handy. And then an afternoon trip to L’Expo Officiel Frantique with our own Speed Racer. If we don’t get arrested for disturbing the peace along the way, well, then it’s an off day.

And Ms. S.R. will be out there running on Monday, too, her first marathon of MMVIII as well. Come to think of it, a marathon that uses just roman numerals sounds rather entertaining. I’ll have to ponder that instead of the usual world destruction around mile marker XXII. AND I’m looking to finish under IV hours. Rather appropriate, somehow…

So with that, # 12042 bids adieu. Happy weekend; I’ll be back with stories to scare the grandkids.

9 comments:

Angry Runner said...

WOOHOO driving up through my hood!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Speed Racer said...

Yippee skippee!!! It's 7:12 in the AM and you're coming up to see me!

It took me a couple of minutes to figure out who Ms. S.R. might possibly be. IT'S ME! I'm going on google now to find out what MMXLMNOP might mean...

audgepodge said...

Good luck in Boston!

Bob Almighty said...

I thought you said you were taking it easy, you're on 3:30 Pace, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice finish!!!

J-Money said...

Congrats on your marathon! Are you still wearing your medal?

Bob Almighty said...

3:32 I have officially been bitch smacked....

Runner Leana said...

Cranky - terrific job yesterday! Thanks to the wonders of the athlete tracking system I was able to check out your super fast finishing time yesterday. Way to go on a terrific race. Looking forward to the race report.