Friday, April 4, 2008

iPod Friday 30 vs. Endorphins

One minute they exist, the next minute they don’t, now they do again. Just like those studies that conclude ‘coffee is bad for you’, then it’s not (thank God). And now the ‘eight glasses of water a day’ has been debunked. I should commission a scientific study that concludes scientific studies make you angry.

Anyway, here’s a recent article from the New York Times about endorphins. In case you missed the study published in ‘Cerebral Cortex’. I sure did.

The New York Times: Yes, Running Can Make You High

And I’d prefer this track instead while on a runner’s high, if you’re going to bring in Rachmaninoff. Especially in the last minute and a half.

Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto #2 - Adagio (Vladimir Ashkenazy)

1 comment:

Speed Racer said...

That Rachmaninoff isn't the one I would pick as something eliciting a strong emotional response... If I were running to that I think I would stop in my tracks, lie down, and go to sleep.

Well, I've never gotten a runner's high, but I have felt like I had to puke. And I've never seen anyone looking "blissful" at a race. Runners are weird.