Tuesday, April 22, 2008

3:32:23 says Thank You.

All you folks out there, who tracked my progress in Boston, or left comments, all positive… well, I thank you. Glad I didn’t hit the wall!

And I didn’t. I’ll write a race report in the next day or two, but let’s just say I had a fine time (well, as good a time as you can have with progressively tired legs while running 26.2 miles). I ran a slower-than-normal pace in the first ten miles, picked it up strong in the next ten, and then just ran a good, moderately steady pace in the final 6.2. No P.R. for me, but that wasn’t on the agenda anyway. With the hills along the course on my first Boston Marathon, I didn’t know how I’d feel, so I saved up my energy and concentration for when they hit. And I was ready, and you can’t ask for more than that.

And Speed Racer had a fine day out there, too. We were both surprised how easy Heartbreak Hill was to climb, so we must’ve both been doing something right out there. Plus, she finished a few minutes faster than she had predicted, so she was happy, too.

So thanks again to all of you out there nice enough to check on me and make sure I didn’t end up on the ‘straggler bus’. I didn’t see Lance or the winners, they were all showered and eating lunch by the time I finished. But I don’t care, because I finished respectably (for me), and I had a nice spring day touring the suburbs of Boston on foot.

Thanks again…

9 comments:

Ian said...

Congrats on a great time! Looking forward to the full report.

Arcane said...

Congrats on the finish. I envy all you Boston runners.

Angry Runner said...

and you continue to be the man. sounds too easy for you.

rocketpants said...

Nice job! Sounds like all went well for the race.

Bob Almighty said...

Congrats..I'll see you at the Patriot, or if I every drag my dead ass down to Central Park.

Runner Leana said...

Glad to hear you had a good time out there. Looking forward to the details!

Speed Racer said...

Piece of cake.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Thanks to all for the congrats. And yes, Bob-O, you need to drag your 'dead ass' sown to CP sometime.
And Claire, funny how easy the race seemed to be with every passing day. Nothing like having selective memory banks... care to do miles 23, 24, 25 again? No, i don't, either...

Sunshine said...

What a great day, great race, for you! Huge congratulations!