Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Boston Marathon ’08: Stats



112th Boston Marathon.
Monday, April 21st.
Buses leave for Hopkinton 6AM-7:30
Start times: 9AM through 10:30AM.
First (open) wave: 10AM
Second (open) wave: 10:30
Number of times the organizers will remind us it’s ‘The Greatest Marathon in the World’: 1,247


My Stats

Training (since 1/1/08, 16 weeks):
95 runs, 87 hours total
40 miles per week
650.65 total miles
6 Races, including 2 half marathons, a 10-miler, and three PRs, in a 15K, a 10k and a 4-miler
15 Tempo Runs at 6:45 pace

Crosstraining:
44 Swim Sessions
33 Spinning Workouts
47 Weight Training Workouts


The Race:
Bib Number 12042 (blue bib/10AM start)
6-6:45AM bus to start
Line up in corral at 9:20
Estimated arrival at halfway point: 11:48AM
Estimated finish time: (WHAT? I’m crazy, but not crazy enough to make that prediction. How about ‘when I’m damn good and ready’?)


(The preceding was neither posted for evaluation purposes nor for gloating-style ‘look at me, I’m raising my heart rate!’ purposes. I’m suffering mildly from the M.T.D.s (Marathon Taper Disorder) and I need to battle last-minute did-I-train-enough thoughts with hard, cold numbers. Thank you for indulging me.)

4 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Cranky - all the best at Boston! It sounds like you've worked pretty hard leading up to the race. I'll be cheering you on on Monday.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Thanks, Leana! I'll be hallucinating around mile 23 (I snap out of it by mile 25, where I just get angry), so I'll need all the help I can get.

mindy said...

yaaaaaaaaaay Boston! Enjoy every moment of it - it's an historic marvel. Just don't puke on Heartbreak Hill - that's were all the drunk people are with their sausages burning on little hibachis(which is the last thing you want to smell at that point, believe me). You're going to have a great time - I promise :)

Sunshine said...

Hope I'm not to late to say..
Great big very best wishes.
And yes, it is OK to have MTD's... maybe it is unavoidable!