Wednesday, April 30, 2008

From the Desk of Cranky





















For those of you kind enough to check on this space, sorry for the lack of posts. Soon after I got back from Boston, the tree pollen of Central Park bitchslapped me bigtime, and I was down for the count for a couple of days. So right as spring arrived, I found myself with worse-than-usual allergies. Waited all that time for warm weather, and once it was here I had to stay indoors so I didn’t sneeze and cough mid-air during a run. Later, I ended up on the %&#*@ treadmill, right where I spent enough time already this year, thank you.

I’ll post about Boston soon, I started to write a short story and it got out of hand, editing is rather necessary. And I’ve been too mentally exhausted to think about planning a training program for the next marathon (or triathlon), so I haven’t had the energy to look at my own blog, much else anyone else’s. I have had the energy to go for runs and swims and crap like that, I just got too tired thinking about it (and reading and writing about it, actually). So I’ve had a little ‘mental’ time out. Sometimes you just have to go out and exercise and not think about it as part of a grand ‘training program’. I’ll get over that, I’m just tired of the workout schedule life for the time being.

Anyway, more later… enjoy the weather for me…

3 comments:

Speed Racer said...

I totally feel you. If work hadn't been so mind-numbingly boring this past month, I might have given up this stupid blog thing altogether. I hope you feel better soon and that your poor schnoz isn't all raw and red from the tissues.

That isn't REALLY your desk, is it?!

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Thanks! The rain over the weekend kept the allergy issues low, but the returning nice weather has brought it back a bit. I'm trying not to whine about it, no use complaining over something I can't control. Though by running indoors, I can, in a way.

No, that's not my 'real' desk, I don't work on that, but that is actually the desk 'in the crib'. Frenchier than french fries, that is...

Angry Runner said...

That is a badass desk, not gonna lie.