Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Time For Healing


I come to you today to discuss something that has recently come to light. I do this because I feel the people need to know that I am honest with them. I speak to you today with the conviction that we must all work together, and to clear the air, so that we may move forward with the necessary determination to get the job done.

Running has always been important to me; what you don’t know is that at one time I was not faithful to running. During the late nineties, I strayed, and at one point I almost gave up entirely. But for the sake of my race times, I went for coaching, and decided to work through my problems; in hindsight, I had no one but myself to blame. And now I am faced with even bigger challenges. For now, two other sporting endeavors have threatened the peacefulness I've derived from running for so long. Rest assured, I will never turn away from my running career, and never turn away from those who made it possible. I now leave you to begin anew the monumental task of balancing the budget in the face of tri-ing expenditures. Thank you for your support and best wishes, and thank you to the state of New York.




(Ed. note: OK, there was only one bad pun in there, get over it. And if I have to hear about one more politician’s sex life (like our new governor’s) I’m going to lose my mind. Or go running instead.)

5 comments:

mindy said...

As long as your infidelity to running didn't use taxpayer dollars, break any laws, or require you to transport that coach over state lines, I think the people of New York will forgive you.

Bob Almighty said...

Since your first Tri is in Massachusetts you have a sacred duty to the people of New York ( ie those drunk Yankee fans in the Fordham section of the Bronx.) to kick some Mass! Otherwise the boss may rescind his offer...alright my bull shit Steinbrenner comments out of the way, just look at a tri this way a nice Half Marathon after an easy bike ride and a quick dip in the lake. New York and the Southern Half of Connecticut are behind you!

Dubs said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Angry Runner said...

Do we have a youtube video of you giving this speech?

Sunshine said...

Good luck!