Friday, March 14, 2008

Lies vs. iPod Friday 28




















It hasn’t been a very good week for Silda Spitzer. I live about ten blocks away from the governor’s apartment in Manhattan, and Thursday morning I could hear the helicopters circling as everyone waited for Client-9 to come out and tell reporters he was leaving his job. When the news conference came, there Silda was, standing by her husband, and frankly she looked like hell on a ritz cracker. Well, if anybody had a right to, she did.

Now the news media is all over the young woman who met with the governor in that D.C. hotel room, and she’s cashing in big.

Not much more to say, the media will say it all as they rummage through the Spitzer’s trash and dissect ‘Kristen’s credit card bills. Keeping with the theme, here’s a new tune by Moby, it’s not as annoyingly easy-listening as his last few efforts, but he’s back to sampling gospel singers; it’s not ‘I Will Survive’ (thank God), but close, and would probably make a good Silda Spitzer theme song.

Moby – Disco Lies

2 comments:

mindy said...

You know, when I saw that they had already hunted down and discovered "Kristen" I was like "Wow, that did not take long AT ALL". But a second later I was like, "OK, that's not all that surprising". I think the Moby song is the perfect Silda themesong. Hopefully she'll get some semblence of her life back sooner rather than later.

Speed Racer said...

The poor thing. It's her wife's fault, and still she's gotta go to all the press conferences. I always feel so bad for the wives in situations like this.