Friday, March 21, 2008

Mugging in the Park

Sorry to be a posting fool these days, but this is kind of newsworthy…

Last night a jogger was mugged and stabbed in Central Park about 8:45, two robbers made off with his iPod; the jogger went to the hospital, but I believe he’s OK. This is kind of rare, but it’s the type of thing the news media jump on.

I don’t like running at night anyway, and I just happened to run this afternoon. And got pulled over by a reporter from WCBS mid-run. After an hour in the pool this morning, I was happy for the break.

Here’s WCBS’ website, and the story.

And here’s the brief audio. As you can tell, I was out of breath and full of brilliant observations.

4 comments:

Speed Racer said...

You're famous! Now I'm going to drop YOUR name everywhere, Carol Grimes.

The guy at the bike shop was telling me that iPods have spurred a lot of crime since they're marketed to an economic bracket that can't afford them. And who would have thought: walking around with little white earbuds is like walking around with a sign that says "mug me".

(PS I think that $50 joke was actually pretty cute. I guess that's how you know you're a hopeless geek.)

Bob Almighty said...

You sound younger than I thought, from your simpson's movie character I was guessing you were in your late 30's early 40's you sound like late 20's early 30's on the audio...kudos man, kudos.

mindy said...

Be careful, man. I know you don't run there at night, but that still creeps me out. I have faith that you could outrun (both speed and endurance) any mugger anyway...

Dubs said...

Your interview cracked me up. Cool to hear your voice.

Thanks for the really nice words on my blog. :)