Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Runner Profile: The Mummy


Just in time for Halloween, here’s a picture of the first known runner, pre-Marathon, even.

He was an Egyptian athlete, and after getting all mean and nasty to other runners, he was wrapped in non-wicking gauze and doomed to an eternity of slow, and that means very slow, power-walking.



OK, I’m in a trough between races. Gimme a break, they can’t all be winners.

Anyway, as the old Hollywood saying goes, if you can’t outrun the Mummy, you deserve to die.

4 comments:

mindy said...

I bet he gets a nasty chafe...

Sunshine said...

You run into a lot of scary stuff out there!

RunToTheFinish said...

I look like that in the winter when I go out for runs...so maybe he had ventured out of the desert and needed the extra cover?

Bob Almighty said...

looks like somebody went overboard with the tape when they were doing RICE therapy for those pesky shin splints....on that note I wonder who would win a duel between him and the godzilla sized cockroach...damn the fact I'm even running that idea through my head I get up too early in the morning to train.