Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dizz Knee Land


Posts will certainly be coming soon from Angry and RGL about their respective performances today in Orlando, but I am happy to report they’re both done with all THAT. It was 72 degrees and 96% humidity at 6AM, according to the NYT weather update… Hmm…

I was checking AR’s arrival at key points on-line this morning, and the results weren’t posted fast enough for my taste, but relief set in once the finish time arrived, hours after it had been achieved. AR's got a PR. Now he knows better than anybody else how it felt and how he feels now (he’ll probably have something to say about that), so I can’t put words into his mouth or thoughts in his head, but now he’s done it. A really long race, that is, and congratulations to him… he’s no longer a marathon virgin, ‘cause Brother Angry is all growed-up…

And Ms. RGL also finished up nicely, especially considering she ran the damn half marathon yesterday, too. Congratulations to her, I hope she got lots of pictures and had lots of fun along the way.

Whew! I wasn’t there, but I thought of you guys this morning while slogging through a particularly tiring long-ish run. I had to cut it short because I was failing to keep any energy level going, probably because just knowing that some folks had started running at 6 and were still going at 10 made me tired. Better you than me (this time), but then again, you got medals, and deserve them.

Congratulations!

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

That is one interesting Mickey Mouse.

Speed Racer said...

Great photo. I would like to add my congratulations to our two Disney princesses. You and me both will have to get on Princess Angry to make sure that now that he's popped his marathon cherry, that he keeps it up as a marathon MAN, and doesn't turn into, well, a fairy or a queen. Because only pansies stick to 5 and 10k's once they've had a taste of the real thing.

And to answer your question, yes I ran 17 miles on Thursday. Had I told you that? And it was 11.22 miler today to be specific.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Glad you both liked Mean Mickey there. I found that on-line, it's an actual plastic 'action' figure you can buy, but probably not at Epcot. I like to call him 'Mile 24 Mickey'. I've felt the way he looks after hearing 'you're almost there'...

Yes, The Dauphine Angré needs to be reminded he's a big boy now, no whining during 10Ks anymore.

You tell him, Claire, and I will, too.

Runner Leana said...

Cranky, thanks for your good marathon vibes that were sent down this way. I surely appreciate it! My body decided that running was a non-option at the half-way point, but I kept moving forward and still had fun. I can't ask for too much more than that.