Wednesday, December 5, 2007

ZZZZZZZZZZZ………

I haven’t had much energy to post or discuss anything running-related over the last week or so, and haven’t even looked much at other folks’ blogs (sorry). It’s that time of the year for me when most of the races are over and I begin to consider and plan for winter and early spring crap that I don’t even want to think about right now. So I’m avoiding all that, and feeling vaguely guilty for not mapping out training for the next few months.

It got damned cold here, and it even snowed almost two inches in the park on Sunday, so that didn’t do much for the daily dedication, either. No, I won’t whine about the weather, it’s just the time of the year when freezing temperatures and annoying yuletide cheer slap you upside the head, and there ain’t nothin’ you can do about it.

So I’m still running, but along with it comes the ‘here we go again with this crap’ feeling I get at the end of every year (and returning in February); guess I’ll just slog through it. At least I don’t have a marathon a month away like Angry. Head on over there and let him know he’s only a couple of weeks away from tapering, that should lift his spirits… Otherwise, I’ll post something soon that will try to lift mine and anyone else’s, for that matter. ‘Til then, stay warm…

5 comments:

Speed Racer said...

Stay warm, HA! Did you wind up doing the hot cocoa run after all?

You know what would really help you get through the winter doldrums? Swimming. Just a suggestion...

mindy said...

Now's your chance to go to the dark side...triathlons... Of course I'm totally burned out on them right now so I can't be of too much help. Hang in there!

Angry Runner said...

I was getting nervous...I had no idea where you were.

Thanks for the shout-out. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's possible to put less effort into training for this thing, but I'll get through it one way or another. I have until 21/31 to get a few more long runs in and then cruise right into the race. I'll pull a Claire and muscle through it.

Sunshine said...

We all have that "end of the year... and here we go again ... but it is winter out there".. crap.
Good to have you express it too.

Best wishes, happy running anyway.

Bob Almighty said...

I feel your pain brother, my professors are doing that "oh shit these guys haven't worked since midterms so lets dump a huge project on them to end the semester" shit....gotta love academia