Monday, November 26, 2007

No Wetsuit in Central Park

… not because there was a triathlon, but because No Wetsuit Girl hit NYC over the weekend. And coming off of her fine performance in that Thanksgiving Day race in Salem and sporting a fresh technical shirt for all the trouble, she managed a nice Central Park five miles on a crisp Saturday morning.

Meeting between the Apple Store on 59th and 5th and The Plaza Hotel, we made our way into the park, which was quieter than usual. It was under 30 degrees out there, and before I could make the comment that there were goofy runners wearing shorts out there, she beat me to it. I knew it was her, right then and there.

Well, the hills aren’t always easy, but I, Cranky talked and talked while we ran over all those nasty little inclines. Later, C. & C. got to hang with the Saturday morning Front Runners over coffee as the running club discussed recent race performances, which is SO ten minutes ago. And got to see Tim-the-runner-who-just-ran-a-60K-because-he’s-crazy, too.

So thank you, Femme Sans Wetsuit, for joining me on a fine run in the park and letting me play tourguide, and yap the whole time. If I do indeed sign up for that Patriot Triathlon in July (I guess that’s a newsflash that I actually just used the T-word), you’ll know, and you'll be partly responsible for another one of my insane life decisions. But we are ALL enablers, and that’s NOT a newsflash.

I hope you had a good time in the city. Come on back whenever you’re ready, and that goes for anybody else out there who’d like to run circles in the park and listen to me describe the frickin’ hills ahead…

- R.

P.S. Good luck with the move, so to speak, see you at the new digs tomorrow…

5 comments:

Speed Racer said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed our morning together, really! I actually thought of writing a formal Thank You letter for showing me such a nice time, but then I couldn't think of anything to say, and who ACTUALLY does that sort of thing anyway? So thank you.

And yes, you will see me again, and hopefully before shhhhhhhhh (the patriot half). When it warms up again I'd love to come back down and do a race with you - or way behind you as it were. Know of anything with a good t-shirt?

Claire (La femme sans neoprene)

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

CL,

Anytime, I think I found a new career, running pal/coach for visiting runners! But your visit was more than that, so thank you, too, for making the trek into the city so early and for being fine company, as well.

I will let you know of any local races with non-cotton t-shirts, there aren't many without. Probably after Boston at this point, but don't let that stop you from visiting!

Thanks again....

- R.

mindy said...

We should all figure out how to meet up in Boston sometime!

rocketpants said...

Sounds like an awesome run and meet-up.Always fun to meet fellow bloggers.

Anonymous said...

http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine bag price louis vuitton wallet price for men cork louis vuitton outlet mall california ny ny lv inhale obtain louis vitton history spear sundial settle celine handbags 2013