Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hill Work SUCKS

Just thought you’d want to know.


OK, OK, why, you ask. Well, you obviously haven’t run up a hill as fast as you can, again and again and again. And five more times, like we did today on Cat Hill in Central Park, in 85-degree heat at noon, like some idiot.

It’s supposed to make you faster, and feel better in races, blah, blah, blah. We looked like an extra from the ‘Thriller’ video when it was all over.

Hey, did we mention… hill work SUCKS!

Thriller

2 comments:

Angry Runner said...

I did hill repeats once...then a week later I was limping around with my right foot in a boot, immobilized due to tendonitis in my Achilles...again.

But yes, hill work is good for you.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

A.R.,

Thank you for agreeing with me about hill work, it sucks out loud, but at least it's supposed to be good for you. It better be.

I have a 10K this weekend, and I'm glad I didn't wear myself out on the frickin' hills. Anyway, I'll have to mix up the training with some longer, flat runs so I don't teach myself to dread fast training sessions.

C.R.