Monday, August 25, 2008

Upcoming Races

While I mentally write a script treatment for my latest long run/crazy idea, the first living dead/marathon running movie, 26 Miles Later, I decided to mention my race schedule. More on training soon. In the meantime, mirth and mayhem, dead ahead.

9/6 fitness® Mind, Body, Spirit Games (4M) – Central Park
10/4 Norwegian Festival Half Marathon – Central Park
10/12 Staten Island Half Marathon (tentative)
10/? Marathon TBD (suggestions?)
11/2 New York City Marathon
11/15 Knickerbocker 60K – Central Park
12/7 Joe Kleinerman 10K – Central Park
1/11 Walt Disney World Marathon (which will be frickin’ magical, of course)

8 comments:

mindy said...

MAINE MARATHON! 10/5!

Anonymous said...

Marine Corps Marathon!!!!! (Oct 26th)

Angry Runner said...

The magic will be everywhere...and you'll probably end up in the top 5% of runners as well.

Phil said...

You're going to run a 60K two weeks after the NYC Marathon ... you rock! I couldn't do that on a bet.

Unknown said...

10/? Marathon TBD (suggestions?)
Suggestion - CAPE COD!!!

Why? Because it's near me, it's miserably hilly, it's near me, I'll cheer you on, I'll do it with you, it's near me, I'll be there, me, me, me, it's the last weekend in October, it's really pretty, and you'd get to see me.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Maine Marathon? Hmm. I'll check that out. Marine Corp could be out, I believe it's closed. Whenever i do Marine Corps, I have a horrible time, hot as hell with no shade.

Cape Cod might be a stretch, I would be running NYC one week later. I've done that before, but just sayin'. BUT I'd get to see She Who Wets Her Pants, and that's worth it despite the hills. I'll check that out, too.

Thank you!

And don't think I'm not looking at ING Hotford.

Runner Leana said...

Cranky, you'll be at Disney World! I'm so excited that I'll get to meet you in person!

Angry Runner said...

Hartford is a decent course...some rolling shit but the topography isn't much to worry about.

I'll watch and cheer ya on.