Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot in Herre for Cranky/Sexy

Brilliant observation about the weather, I know. But really people, it’s been hot. I went out for a nice, easy 5-miler at 3PM yesterday and began to get hallucinations around the three-mile mark. It was 90 degrees and 80% humidity, and I kept wondering why I didn’t see any other runners in Central Park. It’s because it’s damned hot outside, you idiot.

So the day before I was running along FDR Drive, the four-lane highway on the east side waterfront of Manhattan. It was hot then, too, and I was out there wearing only my new, bright yellow Mizunos and a moisture-wicking pair of running shorts, that’s it. I do not pretend to be anyone’s idea of a fine physical specimen, but at least I’m not too overly embarrassed when the heat forces me to run around like some topless, drunk 19-year-old in a ‘Girl’s Gone Wild’ video. Anyway, I’m running along the FDR, and the traffic is backed up for miles as it is sometimes, and soon I discover I’m eye candy for several drivers and scrubs stuck in gridlock. And then I get a major shout-out of whoops and hollers from one vehicle. And then another. So without missing a beat, I throw over my right shoulder a look that can only say: ‘You want some? Well, baby, sweetie, honey, you better be moving at 7:45 minute/miles on land or sea if you want some of THIS’. And then I fly off like a half- or fully-naked Will Ferrell, which he always seems to do in just about every movie he’s in.

I told you the heat is affecting my brain.



I’ve got more crap like that to post, so watch out. Next up is a post about yesterday’s trip to the pool, where I cranked (or is that crunked?) my customary laps while CNN’s Anderson Cooper, learning to scuba dive, sits at the bottom of the pool looking up as I exhibit PERFECT FORM for the children and old folks and at least one TV journalist. I was Cranky/Sexy (pronounced ‘Thek-thy'), alright.


Back to the heat. Sing it, James.

James Brown – Too Funky in Here (remix).

8 comments:

Sunshine said...

Ugh! I get the feeling that heat and humidity could kill.
Let's see, how many weeks ago was I complaining about the killer cold??
Let us know if you cause any accidents with your distracting drivers!

mindy said...

Anderson's hot. But you got him beat with those shorts, honey. Uh-huh!

Bob Almighty said...

And I thought Angry was the one with all the " mad people were jealously checking me out posts"...new Blog title

The sexy runner?

all that aside I'm glad I picked this week as my off week, good to hear you're back I missed the posts.

and the Rick James

Speed Racer said...

It. Has. Been. DISGUSTING! It hit like 98% humidity here on Saturday. I almost puked. But speaking of disgusting things that almost make me puke, I've seen you in a singlet (never had the pleasure of a topless Cranky), and hell, if the rest of your torso is anything like those biceps, *I* might even run a 7:45/mm to keep up with your sexy piece of Mizuno-clad ass.

iron-boyer said...

I love Will Ferrell movies!
Running passed backed up cars in NYC traffic must be a great feeling. All those people that are jealous because your are faster than them...

Dubs said...

LMAO!!! OK, so are you going to be on AC360? I never watch, but would for you. :)

Too funny - now you have to make sure you have good form while running since you are eye candy!

Angry Runner said...

Oh, Cranky, where art thou!?

Bob Almighty said...

Cranky....where are you man?


Crap I blame this all on the pyschos riding in Central Park!