Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Away Again


So I'm off for another trip, I'll be back the week after next. I'd planned this one since last year, before I signed up for any races, etc... which is one of the unspoken reasons I probably won't be ready for the Partriot Half, since two weeks plus of not much training won't help matters.

But the running maps are printed, and I'm heading out today to the same neighborhood in Paris, 75006. No races there, I checked. I thought about a marathon in Caen, France and one in Lichtenstein, but I think not. My legs are not ready for that crap so soon.

One other thing, the NYC Half (July 27th) lottery results arrived, I did NOT get in. Kind of ticks me off, I've run it every year, and missed qualifying for it by around 30 seconds, too. I'll get over it, but it's disappointing. As running pal Susie pointed out to me, at least I won't get charged the $80 entry fee now.

Au revoir...

7 comments:

Renee said...

Another Paris trip! I am jealous!
I'm sorry you won't be in the NYC Half this year. I found out I did get in and almost crapped my pants. Almost, though, almost.

Phil said...

If you are going to run in a city, Paris is hard to beat. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Dubs said...

I can't get over the entry fees of these marathons & halfs. The finisher's medals should be made of gold! Bites that they didn't give you a slot.

If you need to stay home and train, I'd be happy to go to Paris for you!

Angry Runner said...

I miss you already. be safe.

Bob Almighty said...

au revoir monsieur...safe travels don't drink the water.

iron-boyer said...

I just returned from that side of the ocean. Have a nice trip! Running in Paris...enjoy.

Bob Almighty said...

Cranky, are you alive, shout if you can hear me!