Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Open Letter to Fellow Runner, 4/10/07



Hello Fellow Runner,

You saw me running on your right earlier today on Central Park Drive. I was the guy going about 20 seconds per mile faster, because I saw you ahead of me for a little while, getting closer and closer as I gained on you. And as I passed by, you took one look and picked it up so I couldn’t pass. That’s OK, I understand if you just wanted to pick it up, and felt competitive and all that, but you might want to be a little more cool about it. Don’t inch over to my side just to edge me off the road, you should be a little less obvious about getting rid of ‘the competition’. Plus, if you’re going to pick it up because you can’t stand the thought of being passed, then keep it up. Don’t zoom forward to make a point about how fast you are unless you’re sustaining that zippy pace; I know my easy run pace, and it’s pretty consistent, and constantly moving by you as you slow down and then you zooming ahead every 2 minutes is just annoying. So do me a favor: run faster if you like, but do it. And if you’re not, let me go by.

In the immortal, poetic words of Dolemite:

Move over and let me pass,
Or they’ll be pullin' these hush puppies
Out yo’ mother-f**kin’ ass.

No comments: