Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back Home

Got back last night, I hope to write some semi-amusing posts about what went down while I was away. The highlight was a fairly long training run that included a good old falling flat on the face after stubbing my toe on a rock on the course. You know, the type of wonderful midair ‘oh shit’ feeling you get right before you land on sharp gravel, followed by ‘I hope no one saw that’, even though there’s already more blood than at a Vlad the Impaler Tupperware party. Such a blast.

Than some stomach virus hit Sunday night, and all those historical statistics make sense, especially in the bathroom, such as: more people died in the flu epidemic of 1918 than did in all of World War I. I’m not that bad off, but it makes running (as in, with running shoes, outside) impossible. I’ve got a sweet little 18-mile race this Sunday, better be ready for that silliness, pronto.

So I survived another long stint away from the blogga-whirl. Now that fall has begun, how about we all throw a Ducathalon and raise money for our hapless investment banks? You know, the Fed’s Run On the Banks… Um, not a good name, maybe Run For The Banks is slightly better…

3 comments:

Speed Racer said...

Ugh! You've been out of town for all this economy bullshit. It kind of makes me want to attend one of those tupperware parties. Did they HAVE tupperware back then?

Unknown said...

welcome back! seriously, try running down wall street at lunch time. it's a ghost town.

Bob Almighty said...

ooofa.... Well I've concluded that if things get any worse on Wall St. I'm going to use the "Che Guverra bailout method." ie start a communist revolution. Bob-o for dictator...I mean President 08.